This program is designed as a safe harbor for all those in the veterinary community to address normal life difficulties in a confidential and professional environment.
The JVMS is now offering the same level of wellness assistance, now through the FVMA.
The FVMA offers a Member Assistance Program (MAP) in partnership with McLaughlin Young Group, an independent provider of MAP/EAP services. The MAP offers help for personal and/or professional concerns by providing free, confidential, short-term counseling and personal consultation to all members of the veterinary community.
*Individuals are encouraged to be FVMA members but help will not be denied to anyone in need*
Additionally, the MAP provides work-life resources for such issues as legal and financial consultations, online learning, and resources. They also host a variety of helpful seminars,
Some examples of concerns that can be addressed by the MAP include:
- Family conflict & relationship issues
- Depression and anxiety
- Resiliency and coping skills
- Work-related issues
- Grief and loss
- Alcohol or drug use
- Legal and financial issues
Other important information regarding the MAP:
- Confidentiality is one of the most important features of the MAP. No one will know that you have used this resource unless you offer that information or unless someone’s safety is threatened.
- There is no cost to you for your phone calls or face-to-face visits with the MAP. The FVMA covers all expenses for this program. You are eligible to use the MAP immediately.
Download the MYgroup app or use the QR code to get started > my Portal Login > Work Life
USERNAME: FVMA2021 PASSWORD: guest
Call 704-529-1428 or 800-633-3353